FIA probe of Wolffs nothing to do with Red Bull, says Horner

0
32
FIA probe of Wolffs nothing to do with Red Bull, says Horner


Red Bull had nothing to do with the FIA investigating a possible battle of curiosity involving Formula One energy couple Toto and Susie Wolff, group boss Christian Horner stated on Wednesday.

Mercedes group boss Toto and F1 Academy sequence head Susie, the Austrian’s spouse who works for business rights holder Formula One Management (FOM), had been within the highlight after the governing physique issued a shock assertion on Tuesday.

In it, the FIA talked about media hypothesis about “information of a confidential nature being passed to an F1 team principal from a member of FOM personnel” and stated its compliance division was investigating.

According to a report in Business F1 journal, different principals had raised issues about potential leaks from personal conferences.

“We have a big rivalry on track but we haven’t raised any official complaint either about Susie or Toto or Mercedes to the FIA,” Horner advised Sky Sports tv.

“In fact, Red Bull has been the team that has got most involved with Formula One Academy from its inception, to the point that between the two Red Bull-owned teams we’ll be entering three cars.

“I feel we, like others, had been fairly stunned (by) the assertion that got here out final night time. It actually wasn’t instigated or required or set off by Red Bull.”

“This is an FIA factor. They’ve taken this motion however actually nothing to do with Red Bull,” he added.

Toto Wolff’s once-dominant Mercedes were champions Red Bull’s closest rivals last season and he and Horner have had a fierce rivalry over the years.

The all-female F1 Academy junior series is supporting seven grands prix next season. All 10 teams each nominate a driver and will have their livery on a car.

Susie Wolff issued her own statement on Tuesday saying she felt “deeply insulted” to have her integrity called into question.

She spoke also of “intimidatory and misogynistic behaviour” that was “centered on my marital standing reasonably than my talents”.

Mercedes also rejected allegations against Toto Wolff that the team said “wrongly impinges on the integrity and compliance of our group principal.”

Liberty Media-owned Formula One meanwhile expressed “full confidence that the allegations are unsuitable”.



Source hyperlink