T20 World Cup 2024: Shaheen Afridi Opens Up On Losing Pakistan Captaincy To Babar Azam

T20 World Cup 2024: Shaheen Afridi Opens Up On Losing Pakistan Captaincy To Babar Azam

Pakistan quick bowler Shaheen Shah Afridi has categorically denied any form of discontent or disharmony within the squad over management subject. Babar Azam has been reinstated as captain of the nationwide crew eradicating Shaheen, who led the crew in only one collection earlier than being sacked from the place. On Friday, Shaheen whereas talking on PCB podcast that with out unity, it’s unimaginable to win any main occasion.

However he mentioned that “minor disagreements” occur in each crew however that shouldn’t be taken critically.

“Sometimes, small disagreements happen in every family, even among brothers. But there’s nothing like that in our team,” Afridi mentioned.

“Our players listen to each other, and we listen to them too. Our job is to play cricket and bring joy to our nation.” He insisted that each participant knew it was his obligation to play with intent, focus and unity, moreover avoiding any inner conflicts that might disrupt their efficiency.

“We aim to play with unity, and this is not the time for arguments or disputes. It’s the time for everyone to be on the same page,” he additional added.

Pakistan will begin their T20 World Cup journey towards the USA on June 6.

The left-arm speedster additionally dismissed considerations about his workload, kind and health, admitting that he was comfortable on the means he had bowled in Ireland and likewise how the crew had rallied to win the collection after shedding the opening contest.

“I am bowling with rhythm and pace, and I am enjoying my spells. Unfortunately, nowadays in T20 cricket, every bowler ends up having a bad day in one match or another. That is the nature of the challenges bowlers face now,” he said.

Source hyperlink