T20 World Cup: South Africa’s AB de Villiers to discuss return with coach Mark Boucher | Cricket News

South Africa and Royal Challengers Bangalore batsman AB de Villiers mentioned he’s open to a return to worldwide cricket at this yr’s T20 World Cup in India and can discuss his future with nationwide coach Mark Boucher throughout the Indian Premier League (IPL). The 37-year-old retired from worldwide cricket in 2018 however mentioned in April final yr he would take into account a comeback on the T20 World Cup if it was delayed by a yr to 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

“We’re lined up to have a chat sometime during the IPL. But yes, we’ve been talking about it already,” De Villiers instructed reporters after scoring 76 for Royal Challengers Bangalore in Sunday’s 38-run win over Kolkata Knight Riders in IPL 2021 conflict.

“Last yr, he (Boucher) requested me if I’d have an interest. I mentioned, ‘absolutely’. And come the top of the IPL, we`ll take a look at the place we’re at with regards to my type and my health.

“Also, the situation with his team – he’s got to look at his guys who have been performing well … If there’s no space for me so be it. If I can slot in there, it’ll be fantastic if all those things fall in place.”

De Villiers has performed 78 T20 video games for South Africa scoring 1,672 runs at a mean of 26.12 and strike charge of 135.16.

De Villiers is on a unique stage, South Africa you want this man: Yohan Blake

A cricket fanatic, Jamaica’s star sprinter Yohan Blake needs AB de Villiers to come out of worldwide retirement and symbolize the South African nationwide staff in its upcoming assignments, together with the T20 World Cup.

“Wow de Villiers is on a different level. South Africa come on you need this man,” Blake tweeted after the versatile South African’s breathtaking innings within the IPL in Chennai on Sunday.

(with company inputs)

Source hyperlink